The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Northern Virginia - Unplanned and Unorganized

I'mnot sure how I feel about another 570 new homes being constructed in Tysons Corner.

On the one hand, the town homes will all be over $700k and further to the new metro than mine. . .meaning that the value of my townhome is bound to go up some more (I'm betting it tops $500k this summer and hits $750 by the time the metro is complete in 6 years).

On the other hand, the last thing McLean and Tysons Corner needs are more cars and more traffic, leading inevitably to more calls for Tax Increases to fund new road construction.

I just don't know. I think, generally, though that this is a bad bad idea, and I certainly wouldn't want to live where they are going up. Good thing I commute into DC and not the other way to Tysons Corner - my 10 mile drive downtown is invariably shorter at rush hour than the 1 mile drive to Tysons will be (or is). Still, a sucker is born every minute and people will snap these up in a jiffy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home