The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Friday, September 03, 2004

Bush

Finally, I get to Bush.

Really though, I need to rewwatch the speech as I just couldn't give it my full attention. I watched the begining closely, and sat through most of the wonkish part (which sounded good but expensive) but just as he got to the meat of it, my son woke up and began crying for me. I ended up in a rocking chair trying to get him to sleep listening to it through the hallway on a downstairs TV.

From what I heard, it was good, and I couldn't figure out why the audience kept interupting him with cheers until my wife told me about the protestors (I hope the audience beat them silly).
I've read thetext, and as others have said, it does read sort of dry, but the emotion I heard in his voice during the second half seemed to come across very well.

My wife was near tears at the end and is overjoyed at the prospect of another 4 years of Bush. If Hillary ran, she would vote for her (and was trying to get her to run earlier) but she is frightened by the prospect of John Kerry in office. She just doesn't think he has the balls to fight terrorism. Plus, she asks, how can he command the troops he has insulted for 30 years. Thats a big issues with her since she was a military brat. Each of Kerry's insults she sees as directed at her father, who served multiple tours in vietnam.

I'll try to watch it, and Kerry's feckless response, today.

Anyway, I will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home