The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas Fun

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

I'm back in DC after a quick jaunt down to Chattanooga. Got to stop off at Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville on the way down and met Tamara K and Alston at the shop as well as Says Uncle and Les Jones (finally, after the last 2 or 3 times scheduling conflicts got in the way).

Spent some quality time on the Coal Creek Range. Highlights for me included shooting Uncles tricked out Glock, (much more balanced and stable than the G23 I used to have), his smooth shooting Sig, Les's 6 inch S&W 626 and weird CZ branded Italian beauty; and Coal Creek's MP5. Seriously, we put about 300 rounds down range with the thing in a matter of minutes. My right thumb is still a bit raw from loading it.

Oh yeah, I also hoisted (but sadly, didn't get to fire) a Barrett bolt action .50 BMG rifle. Sweet. At 30 something pounds and 5 feet in length, its the perfect weapon to hide under your jacket and rob convienience stores with (thats a joke, you gun banning bastards).

Also stopped off at Classic Pawn in Chickamauga, GA. The gun banners hate them (heck, Jayson Blair and the NY Times even did an article on them) so I ALWAYS make it a point of stopping off and buying stuff (shwag, ammo or guns) there. Almost purchased the CETME, but decided to hold off. I have interviews for two different jobs in the next two weeks and if I get either one, I will go down and buy it as a gift to myself.

Christmas itself was loads of fun. Santa bought my son a red scooter with a bell, a blue remote controlled truck, and a Playmobil pirate ship amongst other treasures. He was thrilled and unless you have kids of your own, your simply not going to udnerstand the deep feeling of satisfaction as you see the joy and thrill in the eyes of a 3 1/2 year old on Christmas morning.

I ended up getting a Lee Turret Press kit as well as some clothes and DVDs and went to see The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe Christmas day. It was great, maybe even better than LOTR (I actually like the Narnia books better.

Now, if only they would do a movie series of Roger Zelazny's Amber Chronicles. . . . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home