The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Gunny Bleg

Got a bleg for everyone.

I am going to be taking a newbie shooting on Wednesday evening. He's a 33 year old co-worker, a lawyer from Michigan who has never touched a gun before. He's a democrat, but not really an anti - rather he just doesn't know anything about guns cause no one in his family had them (or at least shared them with him). Anyway, he is generally rather misinformed (took me awhile yesterday to convince him that 40,000 children don't die of accidental discharges every year) about guns but is willing to go shooting with me to see what its all about.

Here's my bleg. I've got no problem handling him once we get to the range. I've done this before and have a great intro to handguns I do. What I would like to do for him before hand though is give him a little primer on guns - say a 2-3 page introduction to them. Probably covers basic safety, a bit on mechanics, the different parts of a cartridge and a handgun and how they operate.

Does anyone have a link to a document like this they could recommend to me? Nothing too preachy, just a good short summary of the basics.

Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home