The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Kim du Toit

There seems to be some concerns over Kim du Toit floating around.

Just thought I would note it.

While I admit that I don't quite get the Nation of Volunteers, I do look forward to seeing what it develops into. I don't hold any ill will against him for his recent flighty behavior. Heck, I fully understand his concerns and they are the reason I blog mostly anonymously (I've never really hidden my identity from anyone, though I won't disclose it electronically). I couldn't imagine how I would react if I found out I lost my job basically as a result of blogging. Folks, that would suck hard and I can't imagine anyone wouldn't do all they can to try and erase their presence on the internet. Of course, once it became obvious how hard that is to do, why the heck not try and embrace his notoriety and attempt to do some good (and earn a living off of it).

You will never here me criticize someone for trying to earn a buck.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I do admit I've got the impression some weird not stable things are going on over there, but since I haven't met the man (though I have always enjoyed our correspondence and he has been a huge help in my purchase of numerous guns, not to mention quickly taking down information that could easily have identified me on a post once) and can't imagine the upheaval his life is going through, I do not fault him for it. Heck, by the grace of God each of us is only just a split second away from our lives spinning out of control.

In other words, relax. If you don't like his blog, don't read it. Thats cool. If you do, do. But just don't underestimate his impact on the second amendment. As Thibodeaux posted at James Rummel's:
I can only speak for myself, but I credit Kim and his Gratuitous Gun Posts with getting me excited about guns and the 2nd amendment. Not that I have ever been anti-gun. I just wasn't ever interested, until I found Kim's site.

After that, I started reading more and more blogs that featured guns and 2A content---such as SayUncle and, yes, Hell in a Handbasket. I started writing, faxing, and phoning my Congresscritters, especially when the "Assault Weapons" ban was up for renewal. And I truly think Kim's site was, for me, what got it all rolling.


Those are basically my sentiments too.

I hope Kim and Connie can overcome their current hurdles and will continue to read his rants and raves and look forward to the gun pr0n, range tests, new shooter announcements, and weekend ladies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home