The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Right Attitude

Meet Willie Brown, 74 year old Korean War Vet.

"He said, 'Don't move, I got a knife.' I said, 'You got a knife, huh?' He said, 'Yeah.'"

"I reached under my pillow and came up firing my .38 Smith and Wesson. He said, 'Oops' and turned and ran down the steps. I followed and shot him again," Brown said.


Nice. That's the right attitude. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight, and get the vermin while their still in your house.

Of course, this being Illinois, the states response is idiotic (though, I guess, better than I would have predicted).

East St. Louis Detective Ricky Perry, who is investigating the case, said police were called to Brown's home at 4:48 a.m. Brown's handgun was taken by police.

Although it's not likely Brown will be charged, Perry said he would present the case to the state's attorney's office and let them make a decision.


A man is attacked, and has to defend himself, and the police decide to disarm him?!?!?!?!?! That's simply outrageous. I hope the folks on the ground in Illinois make sure Mr. Brown has the means to protect himself cause the cops certainly aren't.

Still, he has the right attitude.

In Thursday's case, the intruder took cash and change from a pair of Brown's pants, though Brown didn't realize it until after the shooting.

"My wallet was lying on the floor near the bed," Brown said, adding that he wanted his money back because it was all he had.

Brown said he was a special forces member in the Korean War. He said he knows the suspect could've stabbed him, but he was never worried because of his military training.

"I might be old, but I am not slow. And I ain't afraid to take one down. I shot him in the shoulder, I believe. I think he might be through breaking in people's houses for a while," Brown said.

He said the home invasion "messed up my whole day." "I was supposed to paint my daughter's house and take a friend to the doctor," he said.


Seems to me the East St. Louis police ought to be giving him a medal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home