The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Here Piggy Piggy

I knew Smithfield was headquartered in Southeastn Virginia but didn't realize the states largest swine operation was actually in Northern Virginia.

Living in the very conservative Commonwealth of Virginia - I would have hoped my elected representatives understood the value of small government.


Guess again!!

For the longest time, I was in do-nothing-fence-sitter-Tom "Worthless" Davis's (R-VA) district. In fact, I used to be a precinct captain for the local republican party in his district. Sadly, but not unsurprisingly, Congressman Worthless scored a stellar 16% (or 3 good votes out of 19).

Good thing, you say, that I am no longer in his district.

Yes, as a quirk or gerrymandering I left his district and with no movement on my part at all, found myself in Frank Wolf's (R-VA) district. Wolf, the allegedly more conservative and down to business long time congressman also happens to run the Appropriations committee. Not surprisingly, he's also willing to wholly sell the country down the river scoring a whopping 0% (0 out of 19 votes) according to the Club for Growth.

What I find most amusing though, is the utter surprise of my fellow local Republican party members (one of whom threatened to have me thrown out) when I told him I was going to hold my nose and vote for a straight line Democrat ticket this fall.

Of course, this isn't foolproof solution since the local child-beating-Mastercard-low-interest-loan-recieving Congressionalthiefinchief Jim Moran (D-VA) also recieved a stellar 0%.

But hey, better the enemy you know and all that.

Throw the bums out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home