The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Friday, February 27, 2004

Debate outlook

Being a Friday, I don't expect the debate to produce too much news today. Traffic was exceptionally light coming into town (my usual 45 minute commute was only 15) and most people seem to have left for the beautiful weekend already. Things might get lively on the floor, but I don't see any of the important items coming up today - ie: assualt weapons ban (which might be attached if Kerry and Edwards show up on Tuesday) and the gun show portion.

If we do have anything occur today and/or monday - I would look for final votes on the concealed carry amendment as well as Hatch's bill to overturn the DC Gun Ban (if that passes - I stand a strong chance of leaving the burbs and moving into the city - quality of the schools would be the only thing keeping me away).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home