The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Friday, February 06, 2004

The New Politic

Frederick Turner has a great piece on ">Tech Central Station (if you don't read it at least weekly, you should) about changing roles in the philosophical debate underlying current political direction. Its rather good.

Key quote:

These divisions are, I believe, far more natural, rational, intelligible, and consistent than the current left and right, which are united only by their hatred of their opponent. My own slight bias in favor of the libertarian party in this analysis is probably obvious. But there are good arguments, and vulnerabilities, on both sides. Thoughtful people from both left and right might find a congenial place on either side of this conversation.


I wrote about this in depth in 1993 while in College and found it to be both the natural direction of political discourse as well as the future of libertarian development. If I can dig up my old paper (a big if) I'll post it. For what its worth, it recieved the highest grade in the contemporary political directions class I took that year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home