The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Hockey Fights - Fair and Foul

The Crease is blogging about the viscous attack in the Colorado Vancouver game the other night. I didn't see it, but from all I read, something needs to be done to Bertuzzi. John explores the issue in some depth. Go read him.

Now, just because some bastards don't know how to fight honorably doesn't mean that hockey should ban fighting. Quite the opposite. I think the physical aspects of the game, and the chance for a good brawl, are all vital to its flow. However, fights and fighters should be honorable tough guy figures. Mike Bishai, who took on the entire Thrasher's bench is one such guy. My offer still stands Mr. Bishai - beers on me next time your in town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home