The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Monday, March 08, 2004

Hollywood Hypocrisy

In a stunning, shocking, one two punch, the New York Times actually breaks from its mold and offers up two interesting, and less than politically correct articles. The first we will examine deals with culture war in Hollywood between the ultra liberals driving Toyota Priuses and the rest driving their hummer.

Read it, its good. Money quote:
"She told me she wanted to buy a hybrid, and she was concerned about the Hummer and its effect on the environment," Mr. Drake recalled. "I asked where she lived. She said Beverly Hills. I said, `Out of curiosity: How big is your house?'

"She said: `What does that matter? It's 20,000 square feet.' "

He said he replied: "I don't know what's less correct. Having three people live in a 20,000-square-foot house, with a pool and heaters and air-conditioners. Or me driving my Hummer 500 miles a month."

Mr. Drake's house, he said, is 3,000 square feet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home