The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Roach Attack!!!!!

Roaches, thats what my in-laws call Damn Yankee's who moved to Florida and unable to take the heat, headed to the mountains of North Georgia and Tennessee. Of course, if you didn't know, a Yankee is anyone from up north (A Damn Yankee is someone from up north who won't go back) Supposedly, I get a free pass because I have manners and the right "spirit." Plus I'll eat grits at any meal.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, the latest news fom otherwise reasonable and fiscally prudent Walker County, Georgia must be a sign of an attack since NY and LA style gun lock distribution programs appear to be all the rage and have the dedicated support and resources of otherwise reasonable public safety officers.

Now, I don't have too much of a problem with people who want to use a gun lock to keep their kids from getting hurt. However, I haven't seen a gun lock a 5 year old couldn't defeat so it seems to me the more prudent thing to do is to put your guns in a safe and keep the ammunition in a seperate place (except of course the one holstered on your hip). Regrardless, any time the law enforcement authorities get caught up in this "gun safety" nonsense and waste tax payer money on non issues I get ticked off. Is there an epidemic of kids killing themselves with their parents handguns, like the media would have you believe. Well, this quote about sums it up (and remember, Walker County is the largest in the state of Georgia)
“I think that this is a most important program, and I was tickled to death to be a part of it,” Chickamauga Police Chief Jerry Parrish said. “This is a good way to help protect children. About 10 or 12 years ago there was an accidental shooting here involving a juvenile resulting in a death.”


yep, one death in 10 or 12 years. This is truly an epidemic that requires the full time dedicated effort of our police force in resolving. Meanwhile, guys like Ray Brent Marsh run fraudulent crematoriums 200 yards from Chickamauga and the police don't find out for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home