The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Gunshot Art - Hot in New York

Page Six is reporting on the latest trend in the New York Art scene - bullet hole art
MODEL Monica Meadows became a media darling after she was shot on a subway train last week — and now the art world appears to be smitten with bullet-riddled beauties. Artist Matt Enger just sold a shot-up aluminum cutout of Argentinian mannequin Valeria Mazza for $15,000 to Josh Harris, the eccentric Internet gadfly behind the now-defunct pseudo.com. Enger said he attached a silkscreen of Mazza vamping on a catwalk to the aluminum backing, then blasted away at it with .38-caliber slugs. "It looked pretty cool," said Enger, who is known for collaborating on prints with his twin brother, Mark. "I did about 10 of them, so now I have nine left. I don't know if they're gonna be worth more because of the shooting, I think they're gonna be worth more because Josh Harris just paid $15,000 for one." Gloats Harris: "I got the best one!"


I wonder how much I can sell my used targets for . . . if I shoot the old Heather Thomas poster that used to hang over my bed in high school.

thomas.jpg


Update June 9, 2004 10:30 am
I made the picture smaller to speed up download times. If you had this poster, you know the picture. My copy was right over my bed. Mom didn't like it, I sure did. I actually had a dream about her last night. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm. Wife not happy about it, I sure was. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home