I took this quiz at the Christian Science Monitor to see if I was a NeoCon.
Turns out I am not. Instead, according to the Christian Science Monitor at least, I am a:
- Are guided more by practical considerations than ideological vision
- Believe US power is crucial to successful diplomacy - and vice versa
- Don't want US policy options unduly limited by world opinion or ethical considerations
- Believe strong alliances are important to US interests
- Weigh the political costs of foreign action
- Believe foreign intervention must be dictated by compelling national interest
Historical realist: President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Modern realist: Secretary of State Colin Powell
Thanks to the Mud and Blood and the Beer's for the link. Incidentaly, they are realists too!