The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Convention Protesters

Michelle Malkin has an interesting post on efforts by anarchists to disrupt the convention. I don't think this plan will work.
The Daily News reported on Black Bloc tactics being publicized on the Internet in advance of the GOP convention, including these:

"Go to a rifle, pistol or skeet shooting range, spend an hour shooting to saturate clothing with smell of gunpowder, go directly to a New Jersey Transit, LIRR or subway train headed for Penn Station.

"Try to have at least two people on a train in different locations, sit or stand near the doors as the train approaches the station, try to get near police and dogs, loiter as long as possible around the dog, try to pet it if possible.


I've spent a couple of hours blasting away at the NRA range before dropping my guns off and heading into work and/or meetings on the hill. Invariably, I've interacted with police bomb sniffing dogs and they've never been set off by it. Of course, I do wash my hands after leaving the range - but I don't usually wash my clothes. Oh, and more often than not, over the last year I have been using some especially smoky 40 S&W remanufactuered loads. A family friend gave me what seems like a lifetime supply (well, at least a couple of years supply, though I am finally starting to put a dent in the stockpile) of the stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home