The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

More On Virginia's Gun Laws

This letter ran in the Virginia Pilot out of Norfol Virginia yesterday (August 10, 2004). Since I got it off of Lexis, I don't have a link to the story. If you can find one, please let me know.

Thanks to Stephen Carrick for so clearly exposing the lies of another member of the Liberal Media.
Gun editorial misses the bull's-eye by a mile

Your anti-gun rhetoric and lies in Sunday's editorial "NRA hit bull's-eye with Va. lawmakers" are appalling. "Packing heat," "Billy the Kid" . . . could you be more cliche?

The reason gun owners carry openly in restaurants is because concealed carry in restaurants is illegal. They are merely abiding by state law.

Since Virginia has no bars, every establishment is effectively a restaurant. That means that while they may serve alcohol, they also serve food and some people are there just to eat.

You may find this hard to believe, but some of us can actually go to a restaurant and not get snockered or even consume alcohol.

Given that it is already illegal for any Virginian to be out in public with a BAC over .08, restaurants shouldn't have any drunk people in them at all. Thus I fail to see a problem with people carrying firearms in restaurants. Period.

Your use of the term "gun-show loophole" illustrates your strong anti-gun bias. There is no such thing. All gun dealers are required to conduct background checks, no matter where they sell the firearm.

Stephen Carrick
Virginia Beach
Good Job Stephen! Your welcome to shoot with me up here in NoVA anytime.

UPDATE: Saysuncle informs me that this letter was written by the blogsphere's own Ravnwood. Great Job. Thats another blog I've been meaning to add to my blogroll.

UPDATE x2:Stephen emails me to tell me he lives in Northern Virginia know. Lets go shooting!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home