The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Monday, October 25, 2004

The Dogs of War

Sorry for the light postings, I had hoped to put up the first of many posts on Snopes, but the Colonel developed a nasty infection in his arm (where the artery was taken out) and was shipped back up to the intensive care ward.

Needless to say, my wife is a bit distressed and I've been dealing with her. While his cardiologist has been excellent, and its nice that George Washington University Hospital has nice flat/wide screen TVs and laptop rentals in the waiting rooms, the medical services provided there are bordering on incompetent, causing us to wonder if some of these people were trained in the U.S.

Anyway, he had my mother in law give me his old copy of the great Frederick Forsyth thriller The Dogs of War to read. Its the first Forsyth book I've read and is excllent. I should finish it today (I started yesterday) and plan on reading the Odessa File and Day of the Jackal later this week.

Till then . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home