The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Monday, December 20, 2004

Photoblogging

Glen's been blogging a lot lately on digital photography. I am generally not fully sold on digital yet. I still think the quality afforded by a good film camera is just too tough for digital to beat, but, especially with the digital SLRs like the Nikon D70s, its coming close. Still, I'm not about to lay out $1,000 for one.

That said, I do enjoy the ease of digital photography, and when my son was born, obtained a great little 3.2 megapixle Point and Shoot Kodak DX3900. As some of you might know, after 2+ years of faithful service, that camera died a long, slow, painful death, and I've been without a digital camera since early this summer. All that changed, however, last week when I walked by a local Ritz Camera shop advertising $99 Kodak cameras. At that price, I couldn't afford not to get one, but being the sucker I am, let the salesman up-sell me to the 4.0 megapixel CX7430. I have to say, I am very happy and will be sharing some examples of this camera's fine work with you this week, culminating in my Christmas blow out post to carry you through my vacation (I will be posting little if any between the 24th and the 4th of January).

This first picture is of the Old Executive Office Building (also known as The Ike) yesterday afternoon.
The sun was just right and provided a beautiful highlight to one of Washington's prettiest buildings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home