Glenn's gun bloggin again. First, with a link to the Osama Bin Laden targets at Amazon (via Sportsman's Guide) and then later with a picture of the target - after a range session (notice the nut shots!!)
Seems like alot of his readers pointed out the terrible firearms safety demonstrated by the Instareader who submitted the pictures. Of course, thats not what bothered me. Rather, I was a bit ticked off by the egregious conditions Amazon places on the sale of this target.
You must be 18 or older to purchase Targets. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Targets.
- This item does not ship Expedited to Continental U.S.
- This item does not ship Expedited to Canada
- This item does not ship Standard to Canada
- This item does not ship Expedited to Alaska and Hawaii
- This item does not ship Standard to Alaska and Hawaii
- This item does not ship Expedited to US Protectorates
- This item does not ship Standard to US Protectorates
As I emailed the Instapundit himself (but I don't think he read)
You have to be 18 to buy a Target?? What if they simply labeled this item a Poster, then would Amazon sell it to 17 year olds? And what kind of restrictions are there on targets/posters? Can a local community outlaw possession of a Osama Bin Laden target/poster? What happened to the first amendment (or are they seeking to gut that too)?
its also worth pointing out that Blue Ridge Arsenal (see link in the blogroll) sells these as well as a similar target/poster with Saddam Hussein's face on the body. The NRA HQ Range though won't let you use it there. Seems they don't want any images of people being shot at - as if this asshole could be called a person. Still, I like Osama Bin Pumpkin better as a target.