The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Sunday, July 31, 2005

DC Dining

The Wife and I hit Ceiba, one of DC's newest and trendiest restaurants for dinner Friday night. The food was good (if a bit overpriced) and its presentation was excellent.

I had the Hemmingway Mojito and she had a couple of Batida's to drink (yummy). We split the Golden Tomato Gazpacho which was much bigger portion than any one person could finish. With a dolop of tomato sorbet in the center, it was simply delectable.

For the main course, my wife had the Crispy Green Plantain Atlantic Salmon while I had a Grilled Tuna special. Desert was great, I had perhaps the the smoothest Flan I've ever had and she had the Dulce De Leche Cheesecake.

As the Washington Post said in their review,
Pastry chef David Guas’s endings extend the Latin theme, and I have yet to find a single dessert I can say no to
.

Anyway, what was a warm and pleasant feeling while leaving turned sour fast. On the way out, I walked into the mens restroom to take a leak and the guy at the urinal next to me was a waiter. After finishing his business, he proceeded to walk out without flushing OR WASHING HIS HANDS.

Yuck!!! At least he wasn't mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home