The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Joy of Childhood

Glenn linked to it, so yoy may have read it already. But, if not, then you should read this post by his wife.

Remember when kids could play with toy guns and they were not a symbol of all that was evil in the world? My daughter doesn't. She warned me that she could never bring the potato gun to school without the risk of expulsion. The sheer joy of running around being a kid is denied to our children today. It is a shame--it is no wonder our kids are so fat today.


It might be one of the most important things you read this Christmas season.

You should also check out the comments.

Ouch. As a Russian immigrant, I so agree with this. If I were to sum up everything I don't like about America in one sentence, the sentence would be "What about the children?"

I guess this is what General Patton referred to as cowards who "breed more cowards". I hope this nation doesn't become a nation of impotent slugs, like some European countries.


FWIW, the Counter Wife built my son a Tee Pee yesterday (while I journeyed to hell) and he will be getting a lever action Rubber Band gun for Christmas from his grandparents.

We are BIG on make believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home