The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Saturday, January 24, 2004

Art Values

The Online Wall Street Journal has a great piece on art values. When I make my first $10 million, I'm going to get into the art world big time. I've wanted to open a world class gallery for the longest time, but understanding the nature of the business, realize it won't happen for some time. I thank my parents for instilling an appreciation for the visual arts in me. Dad's quite an accomplished painter (though he hates selling his work --- bad bad bad) and they took me around Europe frequently as a child exposing me to the great works.

Its probably the first thing that attracted me to the lovely wife. We met when I was an architecture student at the University of Tennessee and she was an art student. Both schools shared the same building. She's quite good, and was easily the most technically talented in her class. She was a bit of a child prodigy, and has painted in oils since she was about 4 or 5 (or so they tell me). She hasn't been doing much painting recently though, as motherhood is a full time job. But once we get the spare bedroom organized and fixed up, it will become her art studio. It shouldn't take her long to get on the WSJ's list of appreciating art work from that point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home