The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

The Only Nice Thing I Am Going To Say About Mayor Daley In A Long Time

Yes, that right. I have something nice to say about the less than wonderful mayor of Chicago. If the quote in the Chicago Sun Times is accurate, then Daley earns at least a shred of my respect.
When someone falls . . . you should not wish ill upon anyone. It's not right. . . . You just don't do that. Let's have some respect for one another."

To Daley, Kerry's remark symbolized a hate-filled brand of politics the mayor has long despised.

"The thing I worry about in politics is all of these people hating one another [saying], 'I hate Kerry', 'I hate Bush.' I wish the former presidents -- Carter and Ford and Clinton and Bush -- would all get up and tell people, 'You may support candidates, but don't hate the other candidate.'

"You see too much hate. And I'll tell you one thing -- hate will turn on people. . . . When hate gets in politics, it's a very, very dangerous aspect."


Mayor Daley is correct.
There, its done. I've said something nice about Daley.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming . . . .

I wonder how this fits into his larger agenda?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home