The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Hippies and Guns

I love the Dead and I love guns, so it was a pleasure to read one of John Perry Barlows recent, but all to infrequent, postings touching on his recent travels across the country.
I left there with the Dead boys in their tour bus, driving through the night to Nashville and re-telling old tales like a bunch of war buddies. (There were great moments, like: Billy Kreutzmann: "Hey, I almost shot Weir one time." Bobby Weir: "Well, Barlow *did* shoot me!" Which is true. Sort of. I'd kind of forgotten about it.)
Wish he would have expanded on this story. Perhaps he will in the future.

Oh, and BTW, his daughters are cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home