The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Southerin Photobloggin

After a brief flurry of activity this last week, it looks like this is shaping up to be another slow weekend.

I'm heading out of town tomorrow afternoon, but will return on Sunday when I've got a bunch of work to catch up on. Monday through Wednesday we have out of town guests here, and with Waffles and Grits accepting their nomination in a little over a week, Congress is going to try to finish things up, meaning that I'll be busy in the office.

Look for some periodic updates anyway and take your time to review ALL the posts from the last few days. There’s a bunch of good ones, especially on open carry in Virginia.

In the meantime, the Trip South Photoblogging continues with some more pics.



One of the highlights of any trip to Chattanooga is to hike around the Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park. We went over there a couple of different days. This is a picture of one of the battlefields taken on the 5th. I took it just before making my way to the top of the hill to visit Wilder Tower where a
women’s body was found
on the 4th of July. When I made it to the top the Tower I was interviewed by a newscaster. I told him that lots of strange things had happened at the tower over the years (about fifteen years ago they had a real problem with Satan worshipers there) but the news story only mentioned that three people had died at the tower in its 100-year history.


This is Dessie's. We went up to Rock City one day and then took a drive down Lookout Mountain to De Soto Falls State Park in Mentone, Alabama (its haunted). Dessie's has served up some of the best catfish in the country for a long long time and we felt obliged to stop in for a bite (we always do). I suggest getting a side of Mac and Cheese and Fried Okra along with the Pepper Vinegar. Mmm Mmm good.


Armstrong's is the best value in BBQ hand down. It’s in Summerville, GA. It doesn't get better than this place, which is the only place that can even compete with the esteemed Fresh Aire BBQ in Jackson.


This is above the front door at Armstrong's. I always liked it.


Ha! Jersey Mikes! On the now pretty crappy strip in Knoxvegas.
Taken from the always great, and Instapundit approved Krystals.
If yer wonderin', I'm still doing research for my big piece on how to repair Knoxville. Not gonna pull a Josh Marshall on that one. Seriously.

Well, that’s it for now fine friends. I'm off to bed. Its way to late and my fingers hurt.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home