The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

More Staff Problems

I guess Kerry is gonna blame his staff for his latest screw up too.

On Good Morning America today, Kerry blamed
his I-voted-for-before-I-voted-against soundbite on fatigue: "It was a very inarticulate way of saying something and I had one of those moments late in the evening when I was tired in the primaries and didn't say something clearly. But it reflects the truth of the position, which is, I thought, to have the wealthiest people in America share the burden of paying for that war. It was a protest. Sometimes you have to stand up and be counted."


However, at the time he made the statement, the Washington Post reported it as occuring at a noon time rally.
'I actually did vote for his $87 billion, before I voted against it,' he told a group of veterans at a noontime appearance at Marshall University. He went on to explain that he preliminarily backed the request, so long as it was financed not by deficit spending but with a tax surcharge on the wealthy that Bush opposed.


It'll be interesting to see how he blames the staff for this one.

Crossposted at TN4w.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home