Knoxville, Center of the Universe
We already know that East Tennessee and the Knoxville area itself are the 800 pound gorillas of the blogsphere.
Now it seems, that one dumb call in the Volunteers loss to Notre Dame might have a tremendous long term impact not only on this years national championship, but on college footballs future for years to come.
It's hardly a stretch to suggest that Ainge's injury cost Tennessee the game and, with it, any hopes of a BCS at-large berth. If those were the only consequences, it would be big enough. But why stop there? Join me as we take a trip through imagination to examine how a single, meaningless play in a single game could potentially alter the entire college football universe.
By the time all is said and done, it could wind up ...
- Allowing Georgia to reach the SEC championship game.
- Sending Auburn to the Orange Bowl.
- Keeping another school from getting future Heisman contending QB Brent Schaeffer.
- Saving Tyrone Willingham's Notre Dame job.
- Help Florida land its dream coach (other than Spurrier) of the future.
Ugh. Why didn't they take a knee????