The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Monday, May 02, 2005

Land Rovers

Hey all,

As some (most????) of you know, after selling my Saab last year we are now a 1 car (Isuzu Rodeo) family. Its been pretty good so far, not causing me any problems. I generally bike to work or take the bus, so no love is lost there. However, my wife works on Saturdays, and while I drop her off, it means I need to be back to pick her up by 2:00 pm greatly limiting what I can get done during the day (or do with my son during the day). It also limits her ability on Saturdays.

So, anyway, my wife has been lookign around for cars for me to buy. I don't want to spend alot (I consider anything over $5k alot) but would like something to take aroud town and also to go hunting, skiing, and backpacking with. Turns out this morning she learns her friend is considering selling a mid 90s Land Rover Discovery and the price is right.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions on Land Rovers and what to expect. Would you recommend buying one?

A friend sent me to this great trip blog (which I assume is still in progress) and I am most impressed. Don't think I will ever do that, but I will take it off road (I used to do some serious off roading in my Cherokee back in the day). Appreciate your input.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home