The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Easy Come, Easy Go

Well, I went up to the annual Hot Dog lunch on the Hill yesterday . . . both to get a free lunch and a Tommy John baseball, but also to check out the obligatory PETA Bikini Clad PLayboy Bunny protesters.

Mmm Mmm Mmm (even if there politics sucks). Actually, I was much more attracked to the British punk rocker girl (looking very much like a cross between The Pretenders Chrissy Hyndeand Elastica's Justine Frischmann) serving veggie dogs. The Veggie Dogs sucked, by the way, but I at least liked her enthusiams.
Come on mate, whats the worst that can happen. If you don't like it, spit it out.
Which is precisly what I did.

ANyway, to get into the Rayburn House Office Building where the real Hot Dog event was being held, I had to go through a magnometer. As I approached it, I went into my pockets to empty my keys and cell phone out and remembered I was carrying something.

Ended up turning around and tossing it into the garbage along with a napkin from PETA that I was using to wipe mustard off my face with. Thanks PETA, ya saved the day. Looks like I might be going knife shopping this weekend though.

UPDATE: Link Fixed. Thanks to Jay G for pointing it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home