The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Update

I am still on vacation so blogging will continue to be light but I do have some thoughts.

As I sporadically watch TV coverage of the London Bombings two thoughts come to mind.
First, Thank God for the Patriot Act. One of the cable news channels had someone from Scotland Yard on talking about the bombings and why the US hasn't seen other terrorist strikes. His analysis - the British know who the terrorists are and where the cells are located, but lack the legal authority to do anything about it. Following 9/11 the U.S. did what was needed to round these thugs up. I hope Congress reauthorizes it, and I suspect that following this mornings attack the Nancy Pelosi I Hate American Wing of the Democratic Party will shut up for a couple of days.

Second, thank god I am in the middle of nowhere. Today we were hiking in Chickamauga National Battlefield when I first got word of the attacks (by email on my blackberry at the top of Snodgrass Hill - the blackberry is otherwise out of range elsewhere here). I feel safe, and am well armed if any terrorists try to attack. I do have to say though, its a bit disquieting noticing that even here, in the heartland of the Confederacy, all the gas stations are owned and operated by middle easterners. If they wanted to shut things down quick, they could.

More thoughts later. And pray for the English

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home