The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Sunday, September 18, 2005

First Kim and then . . . .

Looks like the time has come to wrap things up.

Its been fun, and while I might be back, I also might not. As I sit here, after almost 2 and 1/2 years of blogging I shudder to think of all the time I could have spent more productively - with my son or advancing my career.

While its been fun (and heck, adictive), I've come to a point in my life where I just don't see myself capable of justifying the time needed to keep this blog up.

Its been a weird few weeks here at Fort Countertop, and I expect that after a break I will return, refreshed and re-energized. When that time will be, I do not know. Till then, I say simply adieu and leave you with the lyrics from one of the world's great crazy bands, the Foo Fighters.

Foo Fighters
Times Like These


I, I’m a one way motorway
I’m the one that drives away, follows you back home
I, I’m a streetlight shining
I’m a white light blinding bright, burning off and on

It’s times like these you learn to live again
It’s times like these you give and give again
It’s times like these you learn to love again
It’s times like these time and time again

I, I’m a new day rising
I’m a brand new sky that hangs stars upon tonight
I, I’m a little divided
Do I stay or run away and leave it all behind

(chorus)x4


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

UPDATE: In light of the confusion I want to stress the language in the last paragraph over porky the pig. Specifically, where I say
I expect that after a break I will return, refreshed and re-energized


I am looking at this as an extended sabatical. Don't know when I will return (heck, there have already beenone post and this update in less than a day) but I am not going anywhere, just not gonna be blogging for awhile. Oh, and the archive and past posts are staying up.bloggers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home