The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Grandpa

The visit to Florida was ok. Saw some family members I hadn't seen in awhile and got to spend time with Grandpa. He was mostly in a coma in his hospital room, but responded to my holding his hand. He also let out a very loud, disapproving grunt as we discussed my grandmother (his ex-wife) and their relationship.

Anyway, he woke up from the coma today. My mom is down with him and called me on my cell phone and I got to talk with him at least one more time.

I've got lots of thoughts on Florida and Continental Airlines generally, but for now, I am just pleased Gramps has woken up. And for the record, I would much rather die of a massive heart attack than waste away to cancer. So cruel, So cruel. Please pass the jelly donought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home