Supreme Court Death Watch
Here's hoping another opening happens soon.
Who will it be? God only knows.
- John Paul Stevens - born April 19, 1920
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg - born March 15, 1933
- Antonin Scalia - born March 11, 1936
- Anthony Kennedy - born July 23, 1936
- Stephen Breyer - born August 15, 1938
- David Souter - born September 17, 1939
- Harriet Miers - born August 10, 1945 (assuming she is confirmed)
- Clarenca Thomas - born June 23, 1948
- John Roberts - born January 27, 1955
FWIW - According to this web page, the average American woman will live to be 79.10 years. The average American male will live to 72.2 years.
That means we can expect women who were born in 1926 to start dropping like flies. For men, we are looking at those born in 1933.
Considering there are for all practical purposes 3 years left in the Bush administration, I think its safe to assume one more male (JPS) will drop off the court (voluntarily or involuntarily) with RBG just on the threshold for women and Scalia, Kennedy, and Breyer on the threshold for men (and Souter not far behind).
Who will it be? Who will it be? And will the NEXT president actually have 5-6 slots to fill????