The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Friday, September 23, 2005

Three Peaks Challenge

Les is right, so is Uncle.

There is no quitting, but I am still on sabatical.

As I sit here nursing my bum foot - I've been on crutches for a week - I think of all the crazy sports I used to do when I was younger and in better shape.

Mountain Biking.

Giant Slalom.

Mountain Climbing.

Backcountry skiing.

Of all that, the most difficult and most exciting was the Three Peaks Challenge which I completed in the spring of 1994 while an intern with Friends of the Earth, UK (didn't agree with them politically on most issues, but it was an excellent experience and I have always thought highly of David Brower - epecially as he denied Al Gore his endorsement while on his death bed).

I did it with some folks there as part of a charitable fundraiser - essentially we ascended and descended the highest mountain in Scotland, England and Wales within 24 hours. Its brutal.

If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend it and my goal is to now complete it again within a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home