The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Monday, November 28, 2005

Yocco's Hot Dogs

Spent the Thanksgiving Weekend in Jersey - disarmed and at the mercy of the state's corrupt and incompetent police forces - with family. We came back this morning and in a mostly successful attempt to avoid Thanksgiving Weekend traffic on I-95 took I-78 out west through Pennsylvania to I-81 south.

Along the way, we stopped off in Foglesville, PA for some gas and while making a U-Turn I noticed the famous Yocco's Hot Dogs. Yocco's are mythical with a reputation that has spread far and wide. I had never actually had one - but always imagined they were on par with the great treats at Rutts Hutt in Clifton, NJ.

I ended up ordering a couple of Yocco dogs and a plain one for my son. The Yocco is described on the sign in the window as a well done medford hot dog on a steamed roll with mustard, chopped onions and topped with Yoccos famous chili sauce.

After reading that, I guess I was expecting something more along the lines of a Ben Chili Bowl dog instead of a Rutt Hutt dog. Thats cool, cause Ben's is my dog joint of choice in DC. What I got, instead, was downright disappointing.

First, the dog was all skin with barely any meat. On top of that, while it was bigger than a pig in a blanket kind of hors' Dourves, it was still the smallest dog I've seen in a while. The mustard was nonexistent and while the bed of onions was more like a smearing on one side of onions, I'd hardly say it was topped with chili sauce. Rather, it had a mere essence of chili sauce on it - and a not too good chili at that.

I'm giving Yocco's 2 thumbs down.

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with

 

Post a Comment

<< Home