The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Deadwood

I don't get it.

I rented the first couple of episodes of Deadwood from the video store tonight and I just don't get it. Sure, there's cussing and gun fighting, but frankly I think the acting is over the top (and way too put on), the cussing (since when did cocksucker replace fuck as the WORD) is overdone, and perhaps worst of all, its just awfully dark making it hard to tell whats going on.

I just didn't get it. Episode 1 was a struggle and I only made it halfway through Episode 2 before turning it off and sticking in War of the Worlds. Its a crappy movie too, but at least it makes a positive statement about the need for a gun when society falls apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home