The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Site Update

Well, if you were one of the few people to show up at the site over the last few days, you are probably pretty surprised at how good it looks now. I've been working on this since I put the son to sleep and am pretty pleased with my self. Not only did I change the look of the site to something slightly more pleasing to the eye, but I think I did a pretty kick ass job morphing the family into Gottfried Helnwein's Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

I've always been troubled by the painting. Partly because of the subect matter and partly because I don't think parody's should gather more fame than the original. Sadly, very few people know that this was originally an Edward Hopper piece. My version though, takes on a life of its own and hopefully conveys a sense of hope for tomorrow and the future - mostly cause we are still alive at this time. Plus, it fits with the general title of this site.

Anyway, I'm honored to play James Dean, and my wife and son are cast as Humphry Bogart and Marilyn Monroe. Since no one can replace Elvis, I've left him in.

I'm also working on a site of my photography, and hope to have that linked up in the next few days. I've got alot to post and I'll get it up tomorrow. But right now, I'm tired and want to sleep. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home