The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Saturday, February 21, 2004

The Fine Arts

Timothy Sandefur's Freespace blog had a link to this beautiful piece of art and the wonderful blog The Misadventures of Sarah Hempel.

Sarah is a fine sculptor, and seeing as she is located about 1 hour away from me in Frederick, Maryland, I may take a trip up to her study. The wife, while not a scultor of clay and rock, he created some impressive metal and steel sculptors in her time (in addition to her incredible oils) and maybe a trip to Sarah's study is the inspiration she needs to jump back in full time (or at least as much full time as a 2 year old will allow). Anyway, I recommend a visit to Sarah's studio web page as well.

This has actually motivated me. Since I was once a bit of a photographer and have always had an appreciation for the arts, look for a new feature, the Art Piece of the Week to start showing up each weekend.

I'm off again to the new Air and Space Museum, but will post the first Art Piece of the Week when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home