The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

The Usual Suspects

The Usual Suspects has long been one of my favorite movies.

Well, today while following a link to Les Jone's blog I discovered that he is also quite a Suspects fan. In fact, the amount of info on this spectacular movie he has is impressive and has put my triva knowledge of the film to shame.

I'm Not Worthy! I'm Not Worthy!

But, in an attempt to at least add a little to the debate, and still thinking about the Amazon.com Comment game, I offer these classic comments:

The most painfully boring movie I've ever seen
This is the most painfully boring movie I have ever seen. And I hardly ever get bored, I watch everything from spy movies to documentaries on rodents. A good movie has to give some reason to be interested in what happens, a "carrot" to lead the viewer on to the rest of the movie, and The Usual Suspects holds back until the last five minutes. But by then it is an hour and a half too late.

The "suprise" clincher ending could have saved it, if it had occured after the first 45 minutes. After an hour I started checking my watch wondering when the agony would be over. Watching cars drive by on the highway would have been more entertaining.

It probably doesn't help that I saw the last five minutes on TV before I saw the movie.
Ya Think???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home