The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Postal Match

I sent in my targets for the Postal Match the other day. It was a lot of fun, but awfully difficult to shoot. I thought I was scoring pretty low, but alas, it looks like my score is pretty average, with both Og and John Tant reporting similar success (or failure, as the case may be). Of the targets I mailed, I scored th following:

  • 1 target had 7 hits

  • 1 target had 5 hits

  • 2 targets had 4 hits

It will be interesting to see how these are scord. I think there is a guide to scoring them somewhere on the net, but I haven't found one (I haven't really looked though).

For those not participating, the match lasted over a two week period where the participants were to procure NRA A-36 targets and submit their best 40 shots. Each target holds 10 1 1/4" bullseyes, with each bullseye having six rings. We shot from 50 feet, at which distance (for my rapidly deteriorating eyes at least) the individual bullseye's were little more than specks in the distance. On top of that, my 10/22 isn't exactly match caliber, but rather a simple and fun plinking .22

For what it was worth, I was alternating ammo, and don't really know which ammo I used on which target. The results were generally equally poor with all. The ammo was

It will be interesting to see how I fair against others and I am really looking forward to next month's .22 Pistol Match!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home