The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Thin Skin

The whinning of liberals and special interst groups never ceases to amaze or annoy me. I'm gonna take a break though and let Dr. Z weigh in on the current Jeff Garcia is gay controversy.
First of all I really got a kick out of all those dimwits who protested that T.O. referred to gays as vermin, crawling things, rats, etc., because of his analogy, "If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat ... " Folks, I am no Owens apologist, as you will read further on, but when you use the analogy form, it is not meant to be taken literally. Honest. It would be as if Owens would have said, "Where there's smoke, there's fire," and the Firefighters of America would have protested vigorously at being called gay. "Never be surprised at the stupidity that abounds in our country," an old high school teacher once told me, but I can't help it. I'm constantly surprised.


Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home