The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

DC Picture Bloggin

Sometimes, you just have to stop and smell the flowers.

I enjoyed throwing my Cherry Blossom pics up so much, and today was truly such a gorgeous day, that I thought I might try a bit more photo blogging of DC.


This is a picture of what may be DC's most famous new resident (next to the Nationals)



The duck decided, some weeks ago, to set up shop right outside the main entrance to the Treasury building in what was then freshly laid mulch. This is right off of 15th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue - where they just spent the last 2 years refurbishing it into a pedestrian walkway - and folks enjoyed the nesting ducks that the secret service has erected a pretty elaborate security perimeter for the bird (as well as stationed a 24 hour watch there.

Mere steps away is LaFayette Park, home to a never ending stream of tourists this time of year but also some glorious flowers.



Red Tulips and the statute of LaFayette



Some neat purplish blue flowers. If you know what they are, please let me know. I'd like to plant some in my front yard garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home