The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Buggered

Well, the experience at DMV today wasn't quite as degrading as I thought it would be Turns out, while I was buggered by the state, my appointment with Lord Fairfax won't be until later this year. Thank god.

It was bad enough being hit for $221.50 plus 2 hours of my time. I showed up at 7:30 and the line was already wrapped around the building. I finally got my number at 8:20 and wasn't called till 9:35. Once called, it took them about 20 minutes to process everything.

The breakdown today was

$31.50 for registration fee
$10 for title fees
$180 sales & use tax

All told, the state portion came out to $2 more than I estimated, though my wait was 1 hour longer. At $250 an hour, I lost $500 just in wasted time, though I am willing to discount that time and call it an even $500 for the morning.

Anyway, here's a picture of the Cherokee. Its got Dunlop AT tires on it, but I hope to put something a bit more rugged on (and maybe give it a slight lift) so I can go off road with it when the mood strikes.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home