The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Jeep, Jeep, Jeep

Well, in case your wondering, I passed on the Land Rover. Between the high costs of repair, awful gas mileage, and the inability of the seller to fully answer my questions about the vehicles service history, I decided to look elsewhere.

Well, I did, and yesterday while I was purchasing a Power Wheels Pick Up Truck I found on Craigs list, I also ran into a 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo with 70,000 miles on it. The family was moving across country, and this was moms car to take the kids to soccer practice. They had 9 years of receipts, etc for it (I never saw anyone so organized in my life) and after a test drive tonight, I decided to purchase it. I'll actually pay for it tomorrow (couldn't get cash at 8:00 pm) and will post a picture then.

Looking forward to driving it around this weekend. Its going to be mostly a saturday Sunday car. My wife has hers, but I need something on the weekend. This fits the bill. It can haul a lot, it can take me skiing, it can take me kayaking, it can take me home from Home Depot, and it can take me Four Wheeling.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home