The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Monday, June 13, 2005

Fitness Blogging #7

Well, the heat was oppressive today and the humidity was even worse, still I did manage to ride my bike into work though I suspect I slipped behind at dinner.

I woke at 6:30 am and weighed in at 201 on the new scale in my bathroom. Dressed and hopped on my bike for a 56 minute ride (about 14 miles) to work with an average heart rate of 141 BPM and a maximum heart rate of 174 BPM.

Breakfast
2 cups of ½ oatmeal and ½ whole milk (300 calories – 95 from fat)
1 Cup of earl grey tea.

AM Snack
I went to donate blood today but was denied . Apparently if you have spend cumulatively more than 3 months in the United Kingdom since 1980 you are ineligible to donate blood. That must eliminate 3/4s of DC residents. They did however, give me a bottle of deer park water.

Lunch
Turkey and Provolone six inch sub at subway. Toppings included lettuce and tomato, oil and vinegar, green peppers, and oregano.

Dinner
Rocco's Pizza in McLean does a family night special on Mondays, all you can eat pasta for $6.95. The wife and son got that, I passed and ordered Veal Parmesan. Mmm Mmm Mmm. It came with a salad (oil and vinegar please) and for desert I had my spumoni and half of my sons. Plus one lollypop and a cup of coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home