The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Fitness Blogging #5

OK, the parents came down today and I ran some errands. It was mostly an off day, fitness wise, though i tried to watch what I ate.

Breakfast
A Feta Cheese omelet and 2 cups of coffee at Mclean Family Restaurant. I also had a cup of water.

Lunch
Diet Coke with Lemon and a greek salad with anchovies - again at McLean Family Restaurant.

PM Snack
After lunch my parents, my son, and I headed into DC to do the DC Ducks tour. However, with the summer time weather, there was a substantial wait. We ended up registering for the 5:15 departure and then walked down to the National Gallery of Art. Along the way we stopped off and everyone got ice cream but me . . . I had a bottle of deer park water. When we got back to Union Station my son had to pee and we still had 45 minutes left so we went to B Smiths. After using the facilities, we had some drinks. I had a Bombay Sapphire and Tonic on the rocks with a twist of lime. The perfect summer drink.

Dinner
After the DC ducks tour, we drove back home, picked my wife up, and went out for sushi - we ended up spending almost $100 on raw fish - in addition to everyone else's entrée. I limited my meal to sushi and some rolls (including a delectable spicy hand roll), a bowl of mio soup, some tofu, and a desert of half an orange. I drank green tea and ice water with the meal.

After dinner snack
1 cup of whole milk. 1 glass (8 oz) of Coca Cola Classic. mmm mmm mmm, its been awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home