The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Friday, June 17, 2005

Fitness Blogging #8

Sorry for the lack of updates the last couple of days. Things have been super busy here in DC. As work continues on the energy and highway bills, and the debate picks up its pace, I simply haven't had time to post much. Nevertheless, I haven't broken from my diet (except for one hot dog last night) and continue to avoid soda in lieu of ice water (which, as I excercise more becomes tastier and tastier) and sweets and cookies. I'd like to replace the sweets and cookies with fruit, but for some reason that hasn't happened. I've just gone without. I am also eating my raw oatmeal for breakfast. The only splurges I've had have been iced coffees at Starbucks and Caribou Coffee - but then, those are without sugar (but heavy on the creme).

Excercise wise - things continue abrisk. Rode my bike into work the last couple of days (but not today, I had to bring some things in and drove my new-for-me Jeep), running/walking at lunch and in the evening, and last night I played softball for almost 3 hours. I am the 3rd baseman on my team and am a bit sore this morning as a result. I hadn't played in awhile and used muscles for the first time in a long time.


However, for somereason, my weight still hasn't dropped from the initial 10 pounds right at the begining (which I am ascribing to water). Perhaps it will just start rolling off once I reach a critical mass of excercise. More updates this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home