The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Carpetbaggers Are Us???

As you probably know by now, Richmond's would be gun banning mayor Tim Kaine wants to be Governor.

I've got some serious concerns with his thoughts on the constitution and since my half dozen emails to the campaign had not been responded to, I thought I would head over to his Northern Virginia Campaign Headquarters (corner of Anderson Rd and 123 just down the hill from Tyson's Corner - its across the street from where Bush Cheney housed the transition office in 2000) to see if someone could get me an intelligent response.

There are just a couple of things I want to know about Mr. Kaine's position - and whether he really respects the 2nd Amendment or is just another in a long list of two faced gun banning liars willing to say anything to get elected. The Democrats seem to have a fondness for those guys, as you know.

Here's the question I'd like answered.
    First, the Tim Kaine web page states “Both the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of Virginia guarantee that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

    I'd like to know what he means by people? Does he you subscribe to the idea of most Democrats that somehow “the people” means something different in the 2nd Amendment than it does anywhere else in the constitution or the Bill of Rights? Or does he recognize that the people is me, you, and everyone - creating a fundamental individual right?
  • I'd also like to know his views on the right of privacy. Does he agree it exists or not? If it does exist, does he think it applies to fundamental rights - as enumerated specifically in the constitution - or simply the made up rights such as abortion that appear nowhere in the constitution?


Anyway, once again these concerns have been left unanswered. Why? Because no one was there. But even more interesting than answering my questions was what I witnessed. With the exception of one car with a Virginia license plate parked out front - I didn't see any other Virginia cars there. Instead, upon driving around to the back entrance I saw only these 5 cars.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home