The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Gun Bigots Lose Work

I usually don't blog about work, but this is an exception.

There is a case that the Supreme's recently granted Certiorari for. Its gotten some attention in the press and a particular attorney who runs the appellate program at a large law firm has been trying to grab some of our appellate work. Anyway, he made an interesting presentation to us, and his team is certainly qualified to handle the work, but as I was researching his background this afternoon I discovered he is an advisor to a number of bigoted gun banning groups.

That made the choice easy for me, and I decided to put my support behind another firm. Since I am the lead staffer on this issue, my opinion carried some weight and indeed, we are now seeking alternate counsel.

Made me feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home