The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Friday, December 02, 2005

The Road Less Traveled

I more or less learned to ski at Pico Peak (that and Magic Mountain which along with Bromley played the same role to Stratton as Pico does to Killington).

Can't say enough good things about the area and the NY Times has a great article on it today.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.


They also mention Suicide Six and Ascutney. I used to ski out my back door 10 miles along a ski/snowmobile trail most weekends to Suicide Six which is a quaint little area right outside Woodstock. Went to Ascutney twice - its a big mountian with lots of locals - and skied there once dressed up as a Catamount.

My one regret during my brief more recent time in Vermont (as opposed to when I was a kid and we went up often to ski) was that I didn't ski Pico very often (actually, only once). But hey, what can I do. I had a $99 season pass to Mad River Glen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home